Buying a Rental
Buying a second home can be exciting and daunting all at the same time.
There are some really important decisions to make when looking at purchasing your second home.
Should you use a different lender to offer a level of asset protection, or should you use the same lender because you would like to maximise your tax position?*
Buying your second home can arise from many different circumstances.
These may include:
- A rapidly growing family
- A want to buy a nicer home
- Starting a rental property portfolio
- To become closer to family or friends
- Facilitating a move to a different city
- To purchase a property for a friend or family member
- Downsizing after family have flown the coup or for retirement
- To down size after family have flown the coup or for retirement
Your reason for purchasing a second home could be one or more of the above reasons, it could also be for a reason that is not mentioned above. There are many factors to look into when buying your second home.
Purchasing a second home can raise many questions, such as:
- Do you want to simply upgrade or turn your existing home into a rental property?
- Do I have enough equity in my existing home to purchase a second home?
- Will I have to add part or all of my savings to purchase a second home?
- Can you afford the new mortgage repayments?
- Do I want to stay with the same lender?
As you can see from the above points there are a lot of different things to consider when purchasing a second home, we would love to help you go through the process and help you with all aspects of purchasing a second property.
Contact us to go over your personal circumstances and reasons for wanting to purchase a second home.
* We strongly recommend you seek advice from a suitably qualified tax accountant before proceeding with any purchase that may change your tax liabilities.
Published by Scott Miller
Do Mortgage Brokers Charge Fees In NZ.
Introduction In the realm of mortgage brokers in New Zealand, it's important to note that while many brokers do charge for their services, there are exceptions.
Scott is wonderful to work with, which made the hole process so much easier and stress free. Highly qualified highly recommended. In there for the customersKarla Botting - 06 December 2023
Scott was fantastic to work with, honest and hard working, went the extra mile on everything, explained the nitty gritty jargon into easy to understand. Got us a great deal on our mortgage, put us with the right people. All in all 6 stars, if your buying then definitely call Scott at AMS!!Hamish Neilson - 06 December 2023
I used Scott at Advanced Mortgage Solutions for my first home purchase and am currently repurchasing a property through him again. Has been absolutely amazing and made the process extremely easy. Would recommend to anyone looking for a mortgage broker in Christchurch!Stacy Kamo - 29 November 2023
Scott and the team at Advanced Mortgage Solutions are great! Very knowledgeable and they make the house buying process very simple and easy to understand. Cannot recommend them enough!Scott Harris - 20 November 2023
Friendly and personalized service. Always happy to answer all my questions and love getting to see Gus when we meet in-person.Lisa French - 20 November 2023