Income Protection Insurance

Is your most important asset your house, car, contents or…..your ability to earn an income and protect your lifestyle?

Most people consider insuring the first three items listed above, but neglect the fact that to acquire those items your ability to earn is paramount!

If you're unable to work due to injury or illness, your groceries, power bills, fuel and your rent or mortgage still need to be paid. Income protection insurance can help make sure your family’s everyday essentials are still covered.

If you take a static income of $50,000.00 per annum for a person 30 years of age with 30 years until retirement, at 65 years of age the loss of income would be $1,500,000.00.

What is Income Protection Cover?

Income Protection Cover pays you a regular monthly payment if you're unable to work temporarily or permanently because you are sick or injured. Income Protection Cover is designed to provide you with money to live on, pay your bills, and above all allow you to meet your mortgage obligations while you're not receiving your salary or wages. 

The benefits of Income Protection Insurance

Income Protection Insurance provides you with a monthly payment to help you cover the bills if you’ve suffered from injury or illness. It’s easy to apply for by contacting Sarah on 021 343 655 or by email on  

Other benefits for income protection include: 

  • Receive up to 75% of your income, every month you're off work – from a 2 year benefit right up until age 70.           
  • Select how long you have to be off work before you receive payments
  • Choose a payment period to suit you
  • Access to lower premiums for a longer wait period 

Common questions about Income Protection Insurance

How much income protection cover do I need?

The level of income protection cover you choose will depend on your needs. Things you'll need to consider:

  • Do you have mortgage payments to cover?
  • So how about the credit card bills or hire purchases?
  • Also is your income covering all your regular spending such as groceries, electricity bill etc. or does your spouse or partner work and contribute too?

Can I use my income benefit money on anything?

If your claim is accepted, it's up to you to decide how to use the money. Maybe you'll need to cover bills such as your mortgage or day-to-day living costs. Hence to ensure that your family's lifestyle is less affected by your inability to work.

Can my spouse/partner be covered too?

We don't offer joint income protection cover but your spouse/partner can apply for Income Protection.


Do you need help determining the right level of Income Cover?

To see how insurance cover would best suit you and your circumstances feel free to contact our Insurance Advisor, Sarah Bately.

Contact Sarah >

Latest News

Miller, Scott
27 May 2024

Published by Scott Miller

  • Great experience chatting with Sarah about our insurances. She’s very knowledgeable and explains everything clearly, always makes sure that we have all the information to make an informed decision about how and where is the best place to put our money. Also helps that she’s absolutely lovely and very easy to talk to
    Sarah Martin - 22 May 2024
  • Scott has been absolutely incredible. I was initially hesitant to use a broker but I am beyond glad I did. Prompt, insightful, and reliable - will be using his services into the future.
    Kaleb McCall - 17 May 2024
  • We have never used a Mortgage Broker in the past and Scott Miller was amazing and made our refinancing journey very simple and straightforward. He is very knowledgeable and professional; would highly recommend Advanced Mortgage Solutions to anyone.
    Many thanks Scott.
    Alison and Colin Philip - 10 May 2024
  • I chose to work with Greg to help me buy my first home and I'm so glad I did! I honestly can't recommend him enough, he made the whole process so easy and stress free, helped me every step of the way to understand what I needed to do next and a lot of the time was doing all the work for me. Such an absolute pleasure to deal with, I sincerely appreciate everything so much and will be referring everyone I know your way!
    Cara Eve - 02 May 2024
  • For anyone considering or even contemplating a broker + advisor combination, look no further! I consider myself loyal to those who are strong to their word, provide genuine help and are able to put it in plain English so I can make an informed decision based on my circumstances.
    Leith Skinner - 30 April 2024